Pork Chops with Sorghum Glaze
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs. Kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. fresh thyme, stripped from stems
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 Tbs. fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbs. fresh oregano, chopped
- 8 pork chops, thick-cut
Blend oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and herbs in a food processor. Place pork chops on a cooking sheet and drizzle with herb mixture. Cover and refrigerate for three hours. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chops in hot skillet and sear for three minutes on each side, or until brown. Roast in oven about eight minutes on each side for medium. Reserve drippings. Serve with warm sorghum glaze.
In a saucepan, simmer syrup, garlic, and pork drippings for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove garlic cloves. Serve with pork.